Professional & Affordable Movers Specializing in Local Moving,Long Distance Moving & Commercial Moving,Piano Moving Services in Etobicoke.
Albert Moving is a full service Etobicoke moving and storage company. Albert Moving company is the most experienced and respected Movers in Great Etobicoke Area, Ontario-wide movers, and we are known for unsurpassed customer service and our impeccable attention to details. At Etobicoke Movers Albert Moving we put you,the customer,first.
Etobicoke Movers Etobicoke Moving Company Best House, Office, Condo, Apartment Moving Services. Professional & Affordable Movers Specializing in Local Moving, Long Distance Moving & Commercial Moving,Piano Moving Services in Etobicoke. We operate 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. This gives you the flexibility to move when it is most convenient for you. It is ideal to plan your move in advance, but we are equipped to accommodate unexpected, last minute moves just as easily.
Professional Etobicoke Movers for less! You can call us one of our professional Etobicoke Moving Consultants 24hrs a day, 7 days a week at
Tel: (416) 659-7844
Free toll: 1 (877) 959-7844
Now little about your lovely city Etobicoke,Ontario.
Etobicoke is a dissolved municipality located within the current city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Comprising the western section of the current city, it had an official population of 338,117 as measured by the 2001 Census and 334,491 people as of the 2006 Census. While it only contains 13% of Toronto's population, it occupies about 20% of its total land area. It is bordered on the south by Lake Ontario, on the east by the Humber River, on the west by Etobicoke Creek, the city of Mississauga and Toronto Pearson International Airport (though a small portion of the airport extends into Etobicoke) and on the north by Steeles Avenue West. Different groups of First Nations peoples used the land that is now Etobicoke at different times.
As the Algonquins gradually moved west from the Atlantic to Lake Erie, it is almost certain that they would have occupied this land at some point. By the time they were mostly settled on the shores of Georgian Bay, The Huron-Wendat were the primary residents of the north shore of Lake Ontario and, somewhere in the 17th century, they were pushed out by the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) people. After continued harassment from the south, a coalition of the Ojibway, Odawa and Potawatomi Algonquin nations, known as the Three Fires, gradually pushed the Haudenosaunee off this land and the Mississaugas settled there by 1695, fishing and growing crops more locally in the summer and hunting further afield in the winter. The name "Etobicoke" was derived from the Mississauga word wah-do-be-kang (wadoopikaang), meaning "place where the alders grow", which was used to describe the area between Etobicoke Creek and the Humber River. The first provincial land surveyor, Augustus Jones, also spelled it as "ato-be-coake". Etobicoke was finally adopted as the official name in 1795 on the direction of Lieutenant Governor John Graves Simcoe.
Etobicoke was intended by the British to be included in the Toronto Purchase of 1787.However, whether the western boundary of the purchase was the Humber River or the Etobicoke River (now, Etobicoke Creek) was disputed. The Mississauga Indians allowed British surveyor Alexander Aitkin to survey the disputed land, and eventually the dispute was settled, with the Mississauga recognising the purchase as extending to Etobicoke Creek, and the British paying an additional 10 shillings for the purchase. Settlers began to move in from Britain. Early settlers included many of the Queen's Rangers, who were given land in the area by Simcoe to help protect the new capital of Upper Canada. In 1793-95, the Honourable Samuel Smith, a colonel in the Queen's Rangers, received land grants of 1,530 acres (6.2 km2), extending from today's Kipling Avenue to Etobicoke Creek, and north to Bloor Street.
The first land patent was issued to Sergeant Patrick Mealey on March 18, 1797 for a plot on the west side of Royal York Road on Lake Ontario.This was part of the First Military Tract, or "Militia Lands", which extended from today's Royal York Road to Kipling Avenue, south from Bloor Street. More land was granted the members of the Queen's Rangers in the First Miliatry tract, but most Rangers did not occupy their land and many sold their acreage to others after a short time. The census of 1805 counted 84 people in the township of Etobicoke. In 1806 William Cooper built a grist mill and saw mill on the west bank of the Humber river, just south of Dundas Street. The 1809 census counted 137 residents.The Dundas Street bridge opened in 1816, making the township more accessible. On May 18, 1846 the Albion Road Company was incorporated.
Its purpose was to build and maintain a road to the north-west corner of Etobicoke, where a new community was planned. At the same time, John Grubb, who had already founded Thistletown, hired land surveyor John Stoughton Dennis to plan a community at the intersection of Islington Avenue and Albion Road, to be named Saint Andrew's. Plan 6 for this community was registered on October 15, 1847. The French master of Upper Canada College, Jean du Petit Pont de la Haye, contracted land surveyor James McCallum Jr to create a plan for the community planned by the Albion Road Company, and Plan 28 was registered for Claireville on October 12, 1849. The township of Etobicoke was incorporated on January 1, 1850.The first meeting of the town council was held on January 21. Present at the meeting were reeve William Gamble, vice-reeve W. B. Wadsworth and aldermen Moses Appleby, Thomas Fisher and John Geddes.The council convened monthly meetings at a variety of places.
In 1850, the population of the township was 2904.By 1881, the population of Etobicoke township was 2976. In 1911, the community of Mimico was incorporated on land taken from Etobicoke township.New Toronto was incorporated on January 1, 1913 Early on there was talk of merging Mimico and New Toronto. A 1916 referendum on amalgamating the two communities was approved by the residents of Mimico, but rejected by residents of New Toronto. In 1917, Mimico became a town and in 1920, New Toronto became the Town of New Toronto. Long Branch was incorporated in 1930 as a village. In 1954, Etobicoke Township became a part of the newly-formed regional government, the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto ("Metro"). In 1967, the township of Etobicoke was merged with three small lakeside municipalities - the Village of Long Branch, the Town of New Toronto, and the Town of Mimico - to form the Borough of Etobicoke. The borough was reincorporated as a city in 1984.In 1998, six local municipalities (including Etobicoke) and the Metropolitan Toronto government merged to form the amalgamated city of Toronto. In 2006, Etobicoke was 61.5% White, 14.0% South Asian, 9.3% Black, 3.1% Latin American, 2.6% Chinese, 2.5% Filipino, 1.4% Korean, 1.1% West Asian, 1.0% Arab, 1.0% Southeast Asian, and 2.5% Other. 47.8% of the population are immigrants.
English is the most spoken language in Etobicoke, followed by Italian, Punjabi, Russian, Gujarati, Somali, Persian and Hindi/Urdu. Public schools in Etobicoke are overseen by the Toronto District School Board. High schools include Central Etobicoke High School, Etobicoke Collegiate Institute, founded in 1928, Kipling Collegiate Institute, Lakeshore Collegiate Institute (originally New Toronto Secondary School, founded in 1950), Martingrove Collegiate Institute, North Albion Collegiate Institute, Richview Collegiate Institute, founded in 1958, Silverthorn Collegiate Institute, Thistletown Collegiate Institute, West Humber Collegiate Institute, founded in 1966, Etobicoke School of the Arts, founded in 1981 in the former Royal York Collegiate Institute, Scarlett Heights Entrepreneurial Academy (formerly, Collegiate Institute), and the School of Experiential Education, an alternative school founded in 1971.
In addition to the public school system, Etobicoke is home to several Catholic schools, overseen by the Toronto Catholic District School Board. These include Michael Power/St. Joseph, Bishop Allen Academy, Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School (formerly Keiller Mackay Collegiate Institute), Father John Redmond, Father Henry Carr, Holy Child, Our Lady of Sorrows Elementary School, Nativity of Our Lord Elementary School, Father Serra Catholic School, and Monsignor Percy Johnson Catholic Secondary School. Grade schools include: Second Street Junior-Middle School (1950), Seventh Street Junior School (c1925), and Twentieth Street Junior School (all in New Toronto); James S. Bell Junior-Middle School in Long Branch; John English Junior-Middle School, which is now located in the former Mimico High School (the original John English School is now a community centre), David Hornell Junior School on Victoria Street in Mimico, for grades JK-5 (1961) and the Karen Kain School of the Arts formerly Crestwood Public School.
Other schools include: Humberwood Downs J.M.A., West Humber Junior, Smithfield, Elmbank, Humbercrest, Eatonville Junior School and Missisauga private school; West Glen Junior School, located on Cowley Avenue, educates in grades JK-5 (1953; Norseman Junior Middle School , which opened its doors to students from Kindergarten to Grade 6 in January 1953. From 1968 to 1981, it became the middle school for the area with Grades 6, 7, and 8. Since 1981, the school has served students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8. The second storey serves middle school, Grades 6 to 8. Etobicoke is generally divided into three large areas that roughly correspond to the three political ridings. Each consisting of neighbourhoods, mostly developments of 19th century 'postal villages' (rural neighbourhoods), that were built at important points along the early roads and railways; especially the three former 'Lakeshore Municipalities' that separated from Etobicoke in the early 20th century and Etobicoke's central Islington community: "The Lakeshore" (Etobicoke-Lakeshore); along the north shore of Lake Ontario and the 'Lake Shore Road' (now Lake Shore Boulevard West), comprises three communities that were the first in Etobicoke to urbanize and became separate municipalities during the first half of the 20th century: the Town of Mimico, the Town of New Toronto, Village of Long Branch, and related communities that were never separate from the Township of Etobicoke; namely, Alderwood (originally a suburb of New Toronto), and Humber Bay (a historic gateway community connecting to Toronto) which was originally sprawl from the east side of the Humber River that was subsequently split by the construction of Ontario's first motor vehicle 'freeway' in 1938, which cuts across the top of southern Etobicoke; (the Queen Elizabeth Way). The original remnant residential (northern) section of Humber Bay today is located north of The Queensway, east of Mimico Creek to the Humber River.
The commercial, southern section of Humber Bay today retains only Christie's Biscuits bakery, as high-rise condo towers and clustered row housing have forced out virtually all other commercial/industrial employment uses. The former McGuiness Whiskey factory was converted into a high-rise loft condo in the late 1990s which became the centrepiece of the Mystic Pointe development. Etobicoke's first railway opened though the area in the 1855, just north of the Lake Ontario shoreline, leading to the first period of growth as it replaced Dundas Street in Central Etobicoke as the main means of transportation and the industrial centre along its right-of-way. Central Etobicoke (Etobicoke Centre); the oldest communities in Etobicoke developed along the first street, Dundas Street, in the south of this area, which crosses the width of Etobicoke on the escarpment formed by the ancient shoreline of Lake Iroquois. This area centres around the Islington community, the former administrative centre of Etobicoke and later Etobicoke's 'downtown' which is near the central 'Six Points' intersection at its western boundary. The rural Richview community developed directly to the north of Islington in the 19th century on Eglinton Ave.
(formerly Richview Rd.) as did the gateway Humber Heights communities (connecting to Toronto): Westmount and Humbervale, to the east on Eglinton. Development of the, until then largely undeveloped eastern part of central Etobicoke (originally a forest reserved for the use of government mills as "The King's Mill Reserve"; 'Kingsmill'), the 'Humber Valley', was largely the work of Robert Home Smith starting about 1900 which included the communities of the Kingsway and Edenbridge. As Etobicoke developed in the post war years, low density residential areas filled in most of the rural areas between the old communities including Princess-Rosethorn and Eringate-Centennial-West Deane as well as the older Eatonville community to the west of Islington. Central Etobicoke includes Etobicoke's most exclusive neighbourhoods, with fine housing stock and many large treed properties. Along the East and West Mall parallel to Highway 427 exists a mix of hi-rise rentals, townhouses and post war bungalows. Markland Wood is the farthest western community within Etobicoke/Toronto along Bloor Street west, a mixed area for housing with some hi-rise rentals. Rexdale (Etobicoke North); named after a 1950s development of the area, the name Rexdale is now more frequently used to refer to all the northern 19th century Etobicoke communities (Clairville, Highfield, Smithfield, Thistletown) which grew along two formerly private roads (now Albion Rd. and Rexdale Blvd.) constructed diagonally across farms in Northern Etobicoke as a shortcut for travellers to Peel County (especially modern Brampton).
First developed as an urban area by Rex Heslop in the post war years around the new Rexdale (the Elms) community, northern Etobicoke now has many apartment buildings as well as a large 'skyway' industrial park to the west which developed after Malton Airport (in nearby Mississauga) became Toronto's main 'Pearson International' Airport, and faces many of the problems associated with such areas. This information is provided by Movers Etobicoke Movers Albert Moving !
Tel: (416) 659-7844
Free toll: 1 (877) 959-7844
West: Etobicoke Movers | Malton Movers | Mississauga Movers | Streetsville Movers | Brampton Movers | Oakville Movers | Milton Movers | Cambridge Movers | Burlington Movers | Chatham Movers | Waterdown Movers | Hamilton Movers | Dundas Movers | Ancaster Movers | Guelph Movers | Caledon Movers | Kitchener Movers | Waterloo Movers | Georgetown Movers | Stone Creek movers | Nobleton Movers | Niagara Falls Movers | Acton Movers | Halton Hills Movers | Campbellville Movers | Mono Movers | Cooksville Movers | Stratford Movers | Port Perry Movers |
Woodstock Movers | Caledonia Movers | Woodhill Movers | Innisfil Movers | Erin Movers | Brantford Movers
Metro: Toronto Movers | Forest Hill Movers | Rosedale Movers | Beaches Movers | Danforth Movers | Cabbagetown Movers | Riverdale Movers | Leaside Movers | Bloor West Village Movers | High Park Movers | York Movers
North: Aurora Movers | Bolton Movers | North York Movers | Vaughan Movers | Thornhill Movers | Concord Movers | Woodbridge Movers | Markham Movers | Stouffville Movers | Richmond Hill Movers | Maple Movers | King City Movers | Newmarket Movers | Orangeville Movers | Barrie Movers |
East: Scarborough Movers | East York Movers | Pickering Movers | Oshawa Movers | Ajax Movers | Whitby Movers
Other: GTA Movers | Home Movers | Home Moving | Homes Movers | Local Movers | Local Movers Toronto | Long Distance Moving | Office Movers | Ontario Movers | Piano Movers Toronto | Professional Moving | Professional Moving Companies | Professional Moving Company | Movers | Moving | Moving Companies | Moving Companies Toronto | Moving Company | Moving House | Moving Service | Moving Services | Moving Supply | Toronto Mover | Toronto Moving | Professional movers Moving | Downtown Movers |